Last week of October, folks! Are you looking forward to Halloween weekend, or is it just going to be another relaxing break?
Whatever you’re doing, let’s start this week with some paid iOS apps gone free, shall we?
Paid iOS apps gone free
The Pirate Princess ~ 3D Interactive Pop-up Book
Let’s start with a nice little app for kids. This 3D interactive pop-up book is an alternative to the good old cardboard books – which I believe should still be part of a kid’s collection, but the app should provide a nice change now and then. It’s not just a storybook, but there are games as well.
Pretty soon, your kids are going to speak cool pirate talk!
– Complete the games, puzzles and challenges and use your pirate skills to win badges!
– Island Explorer: Avoid mines and monsters as you hunt for treasure on the high seas.
– Dance Star: Yarr! Learn some pirate dance steps at the Scallywag Inn.
– Cliff Climber: Escape from jail by climbing down a treacherous cliff. Don’t look down!
– Swashbuckler. Ahoy Matey! Fight off a swarm of cheeky monkeys.
– Map Magician: Piece together the shredded treasure maps!
– Monster Masher. Battle the biggest sea monster you’ve ever seen!
– Full 3D experience. Shiver me timbers, it’s just like a real book!
– A treasure trove of 9 mini-games set in amazing 3D pop-up scenes
– Stunning illustrations with colors a pirate’s parrot would envy
– Fully narrated in English, French, German and Spanish by professional scallywags from around the world
– Read to Me, Read it Myself, and Autoplay modes
– 36 pages of beautifully-presented story text and illustrations
– Featuring a rip-roaring musical score and hilarious sound effects
Dr. Panda’s Postman
Dr. Panda’s Postman is an app designed for kids where they can drive a scooter in a large, varied environments and role-play as a postman. There are no rules or end-points in the game, and it encourages imagination and story making. Dr. Panda’s Postman has easy-to-use and kid-tested controls that makes it both intuitive and fun to ride around, do tricks, and explore!
– 4 big areas to discover—Mountain, Village, Forest and Fields
– Over 10 animals, all with unique behaviors, habits and schedules!
– Tons of interactive events- push boxes into a roaring river, make ducks fly away as you drive towards them, do tricks over ramps and more!
– Paint your own postcards and make your own packages!
– No rules, points or timers! Explore however you’d like, go off the beaten path and explore!
– A huge world with no load times!
– No in-app purchases
– No third party ads
Ticket to Ride Pocket
The game is designed for the iPhone and iPod Touch and has the following features.
-A SOLO and PASS-and-PLAY version of the US map that made the original Ticket to Ride board game so compelling and popular (2 million copies and counting…).
-LOCAL play support over a same Wi-Fi or Bluetooth network, making it perfect for a game-on-the-go between friends.
-A new MULTI mode for playing asynchronously with one or more online friends, using Game Center under iOS 5. You can even play multiple games simultaneously.
-30 uniquely fun Game Achievements you can win while playing SOLO!
-Distinct leader boards showing your highest scores in 2-3 and 4-5 player modes and on Game Center.
-Four distinct AI personalities to compete against.
-A new under 2 minute Tutorial video, custom-shot for the iPhone & iPod Touch.
It’s got a European version, which you can download here.
Assembly – Graphic design for everyone
With this app, anyone can learn graphic design – at least as a starting point.
– Over 180 shapes included
– Even more themed shape packs available in the in-app store
– Smart snapping for easy shape placement
– Multi-select and grouping
– Copy, flip and rotate shapes and groups
– Fill, stroke, and shadow options
– 20 pre-made color palettes
– Custom color palettes
– Eyedropper color tool
– Use colored or photo backgrounds
– JPEG and PNG output up to 4096×4096 pixels
– Save as transparent PNG
– SVG vector output
– Assembly project file output
– Sync projects across devices with iCloud
– Get started with 15 easy-to-follow tutorials
– Continuously updated Inspirations section