Thanks to Apple’s technology, users can share their Wi-Fi network between two Apple devices without ever having to reveal the actual password. This just goes to show how Apple prioritizes privacy. The Wi-Fi sharing feature allows users to share their network connection quickly and conveniently.
To use this feature, Apple utilizes your device’s Apple ID, Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi. Before trying to share the Wi-Fi password between your Mac and your iPhone, you must make sure of these three things:
- Your Bluetooth and Wi-Fi must be turned on on both devices. In addition, the personal hotspots in both your iPhone and your Mac must also be turned off.
- Each device must have the other’s Apple ID inside the email section in the Contacts app. The process would be much easier if both devices would be using the same Apple ID.
- Both your iPhone and your Mac are close to each other and within one another’s Bluetooth and Wi-Fi range.
How to Share Wi-Fi Password from Mac to iPhone
If you want to share your Wi-Fi password from your Mac to your iPhone, first make sure that both devices are close to each other. Here are the next steps to take:
- Unlock your Mac and confirm that it is connected to the Wi-Fi network.
- Unlock your iPhone and select the same Wi-Fi network.
- Your Mac should prompt you asking if you want to share the Wi-Fi password. Select this option and click Share.
It’s as simple as that! Once you’ve enabled Wi-Fi password sharing, you no longer need to enter the network password for that Wi-Fi connection. You can do this not just with your own devices but also with your friends. Say, if they happen to visit you at your place and needed an internet connection. This feature will definitely be helpful.
How to Share Wi-Fi Password from iPhone to Mac
On the other hand, if your iPhone is connected to the Wi-Fi network and you want to share the Wi-Fi password with your Mac, here’s how to quickly do this using the Wi-Fi menu:
- Unlock your iPhone and make sure that it’s connected to the Wi-Fi network.
- Unlock your Mac and click on the Wi-Fi icon, which you can find in your menu bar.
- From the list of network options, select the Wi-Fi network that your iPhone is currently connected to. When prompted, don’t enter any password.
- Your iPhone should prompt you to ask whether you want to share the Wi-Fi password. If you do, tap on Share Password.
- After this, the password box on your Mac should automatically be filled with the correct password. It should also automatically connect to the Wi-Fi network.
- On your iPhone, tap on Done after sharing the Wi-Fi password.
Now, both your devices should be connected to the Wi-Fi network. Enjoy your internet connection!