iPhone users typically need to jailbreak or use a convoluted method to get torrent files on their devices, but now, there is a much easier way. An app called iTransmission, designed exclusively for mobile devices, allows you to find and download torrent files straight to your iPhone. No jailbreak is needed, and it is a completely free app.
When you download iTransmission, you get these features:
- Completely free
- No jailbreak required
- Works on all models of iPhone/iPad
- Easy to add new torrents
- One tap to stop or start your downloads
- Download via Wi-Fi or data
- See torrent information at a glance
- Easy to use
- Lots more cool features
Note: Torrenting itself is legal but downloading copyrighted material results in an illegal way of using it. The iTransmission app is here to let you download legal and free content only.
Download iTransmission on iPhone:
iTransmission is not available in the official iOS app store because it is not an official app, offering a service that Apple does not typically allow. There are two ways to get it though; either download a third-party app store called TopStore or download the iTransmission file onto your iPhone:
Method 1: With TopStore
- Download TopStore app onto your device
- Go to Settings > General and go into Profiles
- Find and trust the profile for TopStore
- Now open TopStore from your home screen and search for iTransmission
- Tap it, tap Get and wait for it to be installed to your iPhone
Method 2: Sideloading the iTransmission IPA File
Cydia Impactor is the top-rated app for sideloading files onto your iPhone using your Mac or PC. You can only install a maximum of three apps using it, but it is an easy way of getting an unofficial app onto your iPhone. You are going to need your iPhone, computer, official cable, and you will need to create an app-specific password (you can do this by signing into Apple.com online):
- Download the iTransmission IPA file to your computer
- Download Cydia Impactor
- Connect your iPhone to your computer and open Cydia Impactor
- When you see that the tool has recognized your iPhone, you can proceed in two ways – drag and drop the IPA file into Cydia Impactor or click on Device>Install Package and choose the iTransmission IPA file
- Next, type your Apple ID and app-specific password and wait
- When Cydia Impactor has signed and loaded the file onto your device, close the tool down
- Open Settings on your iPhone
- Tap on General>Profiles and trust the iTransmission profile
- The app is now ready for use
iTransmission is an unofficial app, and, because of that, when you use Cydia Impactor, it will crash every seven days. Simply follow the instructions from step three each time. Alternatively, opt for method and use TopStore third-party app store to install the app.
You do not need to jailbreak your iPhone to use iTransmission, but it can be installed on a device that already has a jailbreak. Simply launch Cydia, find and download and app called ReProvision – this works in the same way as Cydia Impactor to sideload files.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here, you can find the answers to the common iTransmission questions:
What is iTransmission for?
It is a BitTorrent client that makes it easy for you to install your favorite torrent files straight onto your iPhone
Is it safe?
Yes, provided you use the official links provided to download it. It is updated regularly and, with no need to jailbreak, you don’t compromise Apple’s device security and keep your own data safe.
iTransmission has stopped working
Because it is an unofficial app, Apple revokes the app certificate every seven days. Simply follow the download steps again or, if you still can’t get it to work, delete the file entirely from your device and start again, Don’t forget – if you opt for method 2, you must do this every seven days.
Where will I find my downloaded torrents?
iTransmission will put all your downloaded torrents into one location – var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/iTransmission(bundle)/Documents/Downloads
What about jailbreaking?
It isn’t necessary to jailbreak your iPhone to use iTransmission, but you can install it on a device that is already jailbroken, using a Cydia app called ReProvision.
Download iTransmission onto your iPhone today and enjoy an easy, free method of installing torrent files directly to your device. You won’t find an easier or better method anywhere else.