Apple did an excellent job in ensuring the high compatibility of all their devices. For users’ convenience, they’ve made it possible to synchronize different Apple devices with each other for simple and quick file sharing. One of the best tools they’ve created is iCloud. This cloud storage can fit a large amount of files and other data, making it possible to access your information from different devices as well as to transfer it from one device to another by simply entering your account.
Despite all the pros and benefits that iCloud brings to us, it still can be rather confusing for some. Even regular users sometimes struggle discovering its features. One of the most common questions that remain unanswered is how to download photos from iCloud to different devices. In this article, we are going to answer this question and give you a few simple tips on how to download your images to different devices.
Tips For Mac Users
Transferring files from your cloud storage to Mac is simple with the help of iCloud.com. It is the simplest way to manage, edit, and copy your files. First, make sure you have enabled iCloud Photos on your devices.
What to do:
- Open iCloud.com from a trusted browser. This is the official iCloud website. From this site, you can access all of your files.
- Use your Apple ID to log in. This will take you to the main menu of your storage.
- From the menu, go to the Photos section by clicking on the relevant icon (it looks the same as the icon of the Photo App on your Apple devices).
- You will see a full library of images stored in your iCloud. Choose the ones you would like to download (hold “Command” if you would like to save multiple files).
- Once all pictures are selected, press a download button (the one with the arrow pointing down) to start the process.
Just like that, in 5 simple steps, you can get all the pictures you like on your Mac.
Tips For Windows Users
Downloading files to your Windows PC is also easy. There are a few methods that you could use but the most painless way to do this is to use iCloud.com, just like in the case with MacOS devices.
Follow the same guidelines as described above to download your files. However, to pick multiple images, on Windows you will need to hold “Ctrl” key instead of “Command”.
Alternatively, you could use a File Explorer app or download the iCloud app for Windows.
Tips For iPad Or iPhone Users
Things get a bit easier in the case with an iPhone. You can adjust your settings for automatic synchronization of your iPhone with all the other Apple devices. If you do so, all the images you take with your phone will automatically appear on your iPad, Mac, iPod, etc. Besides, with this feature enabled, all the pictures taken with other devices (on which you’ve logged in to your Apple ID) will also automatically download to your phone.
To enable this feature, follow these steps:
- Go to the Settings app from your phone;
- On the top of the page you will see the name of your Apple ID, click on it and follow to the iCloud section;
- From the top of the list pick Photo and enable automatic synchronization.
Also, we would recommend you to enable another feature in this menu. Click on the option “Download and Keep Originals” to ensure that you will have full-resolution images stored on your phone. If you want to save space, however, leave this unchecked.