Videos are part of everyone’s daily lives. The popularity of social media platforms like Tiktok has skyrocketed in recent months. With the short attention span of people, it’s harder and harder to engage them using photos and long captions. Shorts videos are now the latest trend and it seems like it’s here to stay.
Hence, knowing how to edit videos, especially on your iPhone, has become essential, more so for people who want to gain social media traction. Before we even jump into the intricacies of the different ways you can edit videos, let’s start with the basics: video stitching.
Stitching videos is the act of merging different clips in order to create a “movie.” Since you’re already using an iPhone, you actually have the advantage of just using another Apple app so it’s seamless to use — iMovie.
This is the most common video editing app that people use on their Macs. There’s also a mobile app version, which just makes everything that much more convenient for Apple users. Here’s how to stitch videos together on your iPhone using iMovie:
- On your iPhone, download the iMovie app from the App Store.
- Open the iMovie app.
- Tap on the “+” button, which will direct you to the app’s video clip timeline and tools.
- Tap on “Media Library” located in the menu bar. Your screen should display all available clips in your Camera Roll.
- Select the photos and videos that you want to add to the timeline and stitch them together.
- Between any two videos, select the kind of transition you desire to add it in. You can adjust the duration of each transition, too.
- If you wish to insert a title within the video, simply double-tap on the specific clip.
- After you’re done stitching the videos together and you’re satisfied with the flow of the movie, tap on the Home button and select Share. From there, you have the option of saving the merged video to your Camera Roll or sharing it to your social media platforms.
In case you find iMovie lackluster or you just don’t like the feel of using this app, you may also opt to download third-party apps to edit your videos. Here are some great options to choose from:
VivaVideo is perfect for beginners thanks to its user-friendly interface. If all you want is to do some light editing on your videos, VivaVideo should be more than enough. You don’t even have to spend a dime, as this app is completely free. However, if you’re looking for more editing features, you might find this one a bit lackluster.
One that has more video and also music editing features is FilmoraGo. It’s extremely easy to navigate and aside from combining, you can also trim, split, and rotate your videos using this app. In addition, it also allows users to make color adjustments and add colorful borders if they’re feeling a bit more creative. You don’t have to be an expert when using FilmoraGo. Plus, you also get to add background music and sound effects to your clips. Aside from iPhone, you can also use it on your iPad.
With just one click, you can merge multiple videos using Capcut. Editing videos is a breeze when you use this app. It’s free for anyone to download so you can try it without having to spend anything. What makes this app great is it comes with over 60 built-in templates that help users produce movies and improve their videos’ overall appearance.
Another free video-editing app worth looking into is Magisto. Aside from stitching videos, you can also utilize its other editing features. If you think you need more editing tools, this app offers in-app purchases so you can avail the tools as you see fit or if only necessary. With Magisto, you can customize your videos so they always come out looking excellent.