Happy Monday, everyone.
Let’s start the last full week of November with more paid iOS apps gone free. We’ve got an eclectic mix today, so I hope you find one that you will want and find super useful.
Paid iOS apps gone free
Stackables – Layered Textures, Effects, and Masks
It is free to download (formerly at $2.99) but there are in-app purchases. It’s also available for free for the iPad.
Stackables is the most advanced and comprehensive effects layering and blending app. It’s packed with over 200 effects expertly crafted by renowned photographer Dirk Wuestenhagen. These include tasteful textures, light leaks, emulsion, grit and grain, analog film filters, vintage gradients, elaborate geometric patterns, and much more.
In addition, Stackables comes equipped with over 20 professional adjustment tools most notably White Balance, Color Balance, Vignette, Sepia, Grain, Blur, Tilt Shift, and Depth of Field. And for the first time ever on a mobile device, these tools are added as layers, giving you unprecedented control over color and tonal levels in your composition.
There’s nothing like gamification to light a fire under people’s butts and get them going. Whether it’s shedding pounds or ticking off to-dos, not-so-enjoyable activities becoming more enticing when gamified.
Enter EpicWin, a to-do app (yes, another one of those) that might just add a bit of fun to completing tasks.
EpicWin is an iPhone app that puts the adventure back into your life. It’s a streamlined to-do list, to quickly note down all your everyday tasks, but with a role-playing spin. So rather than just ticking off your chores and reminders, completing each one earns you XP to improve and develop your character in an ongoing quest to improve stats, gain riches, and level-up.
- To-do list with a Role-Playing Game spin
- Streamlined and fast to use
- Range of avatars to level-up with
- Destroy your chores in animated battles
- Points and rewards for completing your tasks
- Loot to discover and share
The to-do list is fully-featured and supports repeating tasks, displays reminders for overdue events and allows time-critical events to be assigned to specific days, while more aspirational quests can be set to “someday” so you don’t lose sight of your goals. And each task completed is destroyed by your avatar, so get your Undead Warrior to beat-up your laundry, or your Treeman to headbutt your overspilling inbox.
There are 5 animated avatars included upon download, with the option to add more via in-app purchases.
Runtastic Mountain Bike PRO GPS Biking Computer, Trail and Route Tracker
Think of it as a mulit-functional GPS biking thingamajig. And you can let the whole world know how active you are, too.
APP FEATURES & BENEFITS:
– Track MTB rides via GPS: Duration, distance, elevation gain, pace, calories burned, etc.
– Voice Coach: Keeps you posted on speed, distance, elevation gain, etc.
– LIVE Tracking: Track your ride in real time & show friends your current location
– Browse & search thousands of mountain bike routes (available in the app & on Runtastic.com)
– Coloured Traces (speed, elevation, climb rate, heart rate, etc.)
– Configure maps: Apple Maps, Open Cycle Map, Open Street Map
– Offline maps: Download & save maps to your iPhone to use them without internet connection
– Split Tables: Analysis of each split of your ride
– Auto Pause: No need to manually stop & start activities during short breaks (with Runtastic Speed & Cadence Sensor)
– Display your current rate of climb during a ride (elevation gain/minute)
– Show current grade in %
– Detailed post-ride analysis incl. time rode uphill, downhill, flat
– Music: Create a playlist for your ride & activate your Powersong for motivation!
– Cadence measurement (with Runtastic Speed & Cadence Sensor)
– Heart rate measurement (with additional hardware)
– Configure your display: You choose which values (distance, speed, elevation gain, calories burned, etc.) are shown during your rides
– Provides info on wind & weather conditions
– Save your MTB activities on Runtastic.com
– Share your mountain bike activities on Facebook, Twitter and via email
Lexisgoo English Dictionary & Thesaurus
- Built-in dictionaries: Full WordNet 3.0 with 200,000 entries, 3.5 million words and 1.7 million links
- Thesaurus with 20,000 entries
- NEW! Etymology dictionary with 35,500 entries
- NEW! Idiom dictionary contains about 2,900 entries
- Word list and test modules for GRE, SAT, TOEFL
- Online dictionaries: Google dictionary, MobileAnswer, MobileWikipedia, WordReference
- Audio pronunciation; 120,000 pronunciation samples in IPA
The app doesn’t need an Internet connection except for the Google Translate and online dictionaries features.
Word² is a must-try for people who like challenging puzzles.
Inspired by word squares which date well into ancient times, each square contains words in pairs that can be read both horizontally and vertically. Words are scrambled and your objective is to use hints, clues and logic to decipher each square.
- Each row/column pair have the same word
- Colorful, minimalist aesthetic
- Brightness and pastel color options
- Beautiful, meditative custom soundtrack
- 80 puzzles ranging from 3×3 up to 6×6 ones
- Near-impossible 7×7 squares coming soon!
Word² is a premium game and contains optional hints and clues available for purchase to help solve tougher levels. Be rest assured that each level is 100% solvable.