Have you purchased something from the App Store then suddenly deleted it from your iPhone? Do you want to re-install an app that you purchased from the App Store a long time ago? Looking for these apps is fairly easy, as the App Store keeps your purchase history. You can simply visit your app purchase history to view the complete list of your purchases since day one. This includes not just apps but also songs, books, movies, and TV shows that you bought from the App Store or iTunes Store using your Apple ID.
Aside from being able to view the complete list of your purchases, you can also do a number of things when you go to your app purchase history. For one, you can request a refund there if you find an item that you bought defective or unsatisfactory. If you find an issue with an app, you can also make your report there. The app purchase history also shows you the purchase date as well as the billing date. You can even resend a receipt to your e-mail.
Take these steps on how to see your app purchase history on your iPhone:
- Tap on the Settings app.
- Select your name at the top of the list.
- Select iTunes & App Store.
- At the top, select your Apple ID. A pop-up window will open.
- Select View Apple ID. The screen will prompt you to sign in.
- Scroll down and select Purchase History. The screen will show you the purchases you made in the last 90 days.
- If you wish to view your older purchases, tap on Last 90 Days. The screen will show you the date range.
- Tap on the desired date range and look for the item that you wish to check. Once you find the item, tap on Total Billed. The screen will show you your purchase details such as the billing date and the order ID.
- If you wish to request a refund or report an issue, simply tap the item and select Report A Problem. Describe the issue with the app, then submit.
- If you wish to receive a new e-mail receipt, simply select Resend. Do note that no receipt is available for free apps.
Remember that your purchases are not grouped by the date that you purchased them. Rather, they are grouped by the date when they were charged. Hence, it’s also possible to see apps that you already purchased in a Pending section located at the top of your purchase history. This just means that the items in this section have not yet been charged to your account.
If you want to see just your recent purchases but you don’t have your iPhone with you, here’s how to make viewing possible:
- On any device, open a browser and enter reportaproblem.apple.com.
- The page will prompt you to sign in using your Apple ID and password.
- The site will load a list of your recent purchases. Similar to the app purchase history on your iPhone, you can also view a receipt here. In addition, you can also request a refund or report an issue on a certain item.
Do note that purchases from Apple Music and Apple News+ won’t be found using this method. The same also applied for old purchases from the App Store and iTunes. To see these, you would need to go through your Settings or the App Store.
If you’re having trouble looking for a specific item or app on your purchase history, it’s possible that it was a family member who purchased this item. Check with them first prior to contacting Apple. In the case of Family Sharing, it’s only possible to see the purchases that you made using your Apple ID in your purchase history. You won’t be able to view your other family members’ purchase history. The only way to see theirs is by signing in using their Apple ID.
Another possibility as to why you can’t see this specific purchase is that you might have used a different Apple ID. If you’re not sure, the best thing to do is to sign in using that Apple ID and check if you made the purchase there. On the other hand, if you find purchases in your history that you don’t recognize, do consider that somebody else might have used your device, such as a family member.
If not, there’s the probability that somebody else unknown to you is using your account. Change your Apple ID password right away. You should also check your other accounts that use the same e-mail address and password. In addition, check your financial statements if there are any unrecognizable charges made to your account. Should you need more help or assistance in this matter, contact Apple Support and report the issue.