Here is your weekly dose of free iOS apps to download. Have fun!
(Note: These apps are free as of this writing; they may go back to their regular price anytime so download the apps for free while you can.)
Paid apps for free today
MAVIS is the ultimate pro filmmaking and broadcast camera for the iPhone. It provides professional level filming tools including focus peaking, waveform monitor, vectorscope, false color and zebras. It gives you audio controls, audio metering, custom resolutions, framerates and recordings formats. It also brings a natural interface to give you full flexible manual control while shooting.
Main features include:
– Focus peaking and expanded focus for manual focus assist
– Zebras and False Color exposure assist
– Manual focus, exposure and color
– HD, 2K and 4K* recording
– High bitrate and HEVC encoding*
– Custom frame rates up to 240fps*
– Digital Zoom in 1080p
– Dual camera support for iPhone 7 Plus, Phone 8 Plus and iPhone x
– Full screen mode
– Custom audio inputs
– Audio metering and manual audio gain control where available*
– Real-time audio passthrough for monitoring in headphones*
– Real-time full-scale vectorscope for color work
– Real-time full-scale waveform monitor for exposure monitoring
– Global Presets
– Custom Function (FN) button
– Multiple saving and sharing options
– Apple Watch record start/stop remote
– Support Docs
Support for multiple resolutions*:
– 4K (UHD) with audio
– 4K (4:3, no audio) – record at maximum camera resolution without audio
– 2K (4:3, no audio)
Custom frame rates:
– Presets available include 24fps, 25fps, 30fps, 50fps, 60fps*
– Select any frame rate from 3fps up to 240fps*
– Record up to 240fps in 1080p*
Full manual controls for:
– Color temperature
– Focus peaking and Expanded focus helps ensure your shots are always in focus
– Real-time full-scale waveform monitor helps you shoot with the optimum dynamic range
– Real-time full scale vectorscope ensures your colors are consistent and your white balance is correct
– Zebra overlay helps ensure your shots are never over exposed
– False color support for Gradient and Ranges with full details about color representations
– False color helps ensure your shots are never over/under exposed
Encoding bit rates:
– 10Mbit/s (Make your storage last longer)
– 20Mbit/s (Standard)
– 30Mbit/s (High quality production)
– 50Mbit/s (Great for post and color grading)
– 100Mbit/s (Great for very high quality productions, color grades and visual effects)*
– Custom external inputs
– Select external audio input from Lightning connector or analog input
– Stereo audio from Lightning connected inputs
– Internal mic selection and polar pattern
– Manual gain control where available
– Audio pass-through/monitoring with headphones*
– VU metering
– Recording Tally
– De-Squeeze support for Moondog Anamorphic Lens
– Image flip support for DOF adaptors
– Support for different aspect ratios in the viewfinder
– Support for guide overlays in viewfinder
– Battery life indicator
– Memory usage indicator
*Device restrictions apply. See website for full details – shootmavis.com/specs
MAVIS was developed by filmmakers for filmmakers and we hope you enjoy it as much as we do 🙂
BIAS AMP 2 Mobile is a professional virtual amp designer that offers replications of 36 of the best vintage, modern and boutique amps in rock. The app gives you the power to create new sounds by designing your own dream amplifier, letting you swap out tubes, preamps, power amps, transformers, tone stacks, cab, and microphones, all via a powerful and intuitive interface designed for your iPhone. Whether you’re a classic rocker, metalhead, jazz player, bluesman or singer-songwriter – and whether you understand how amplifier electronics work or not – you’ll be dialing in killer and exclusive tones in a heartbeat.
BIAS AMP 2 Mobile adds a host of new features, including a powerful new user interface, new preamp and power amp tubes, tone stacks, Blues and Bass amp packs, new Dynamic Tone Control, new speaker cabinet module with multi-mic capability and open/closed back cabinet emulation and much more. In addition to all of these amazing new features, we’ve also partnered with legendary Celestion to create brand new custom multi-mic speaker cabs using their famed impulse responses!
BIAS AMP 2 Mobile seamlessly integrates with Positive Grid’s ToneCloud®, which is far more than a simple storage tank for your own custom tones – it’s an active community where thousands of guitarists upload, share and discuss tones. The ToneCloud® gives you access to thousands of custom amps created by artists, recording studios and guitarists like you, so you’ll never lack for sonic inspiration.
To take your tones to the next level, there are 9 full-featured reverbs in BIAS AMP 2 Mobile. These aren’t just simple two-knob reverbs either – they range from lush halls and chambers to intimate rooms, and each reverb has control of decay time, mix level, high and low cut filters, damping and dwell.
BIAS AMP 2 Mobile integrates seamlessly with Positive Grid’s JamUp guitar multi-effects app, expanding BIAS AMP 2 Mobile into a powerful and completely unified professional guitar system for live use, recording and jamming. Both JamUp and JamUp Pro include effects processors, Jam player, 8-track recorder and phrase sampler, tuner and metronome, effectively turning BIAS AMP 2 Mobile into a recording studio and top-of-the-line practice utility.
BIAS AMP 2 Mobile also works with GarageBand and other audio apps using iOS’s Inter-App Audio and Audiobus. Whether you’re recording, writing songs or honing your chops—at home or on the road—BIAS products place unequaled tone at your fingertips.
• Complete, accurate and versatile component-level amp modeling
• 36 amp models included with the introductory release, with thousands more available via the ToneCloud®.
• Factory categories that allow you to organize amps by music genre and sonic impact (clean, blues, twang, crunch, metal, acoustic, and bass)
• Fully customizable preamps, tone stacks, power amps, transformers, cabinets, and mic selection and placement – mix and match!
• Customize the look and feel of your amp panel by changing the name, tolex, front panel and knobs
• Ability to work the way guitarists think: Tweak gain and overdrive, swap out tubes and transformers, change the cabinet and mic position and shape the tone with different tone stacks and two 8-band equalizers
• Noise gate
• 9 lush and full-featured reverbs
• Create a virtually unlimited number of custom amps
• Seamless integration with JamUp and JamUp Pro; open and save your amp models inside JamUp with one tap
• Works with GarageBand and other audio apps via Inter-App Audio and Audiobus
Track your time with single touch in aTimeLogger 2!
Spending only a few minutes a day on this app you will get daily, weekly and monthly statistics in the form of diagrams and graphs. Using this data you’ll be able to control and manage your time.
aTimeLogger 2 is the right solution for everyone:
– business people with an intensive daily routine;
– sportsmen who value every minute of their day;
– parents in order to control their children’s daily activities;
– everyone who is interested in what activities they spend their day on and those who want to control and optimize their time.
– easy and intuitive interface
– iOS 8 widget for quick start/stop activities
– pause/resume activities
– simultaneous activities (enable them in Settings)
– many statistics available in form of graphs and pie charts
– reports in different formats (CSV and HTML)
– backup and restore
– a huge number of icons for activity types and ability to upload custom icons
– Apple Watch integration
– the best support 🙂
Measure lengths and areas using only your mobile device! AR Measure is the quickest way to measure two points and area sizes.
• Many modes of measurements including 4 A to B modes and 1 Area mode.
• Save your screenshots/areas in the app for later reference. Tap the Camera/Save button.
• Change the unit of measurement by tapping the “Unit” button.
• Make sure the area is well lit.
• Get close to where you are placing your points.
• Keep your movements steady.
Guide Sero through 60 challenging levels in this minimalist atmospheric puzzle game. The mechanics are simple but the problems are challenging. Manipulate puzzle pieces with your finger then launch Sero into the landscape to see the results. Complete each chapter to unlock the secrets of Sero’s journey — and maybe a bit of your own journey.
Colorful, minimalistic graphics and melodic sound effects create a truly beautiful and engaging experience.
If you’re enjoying Sero, please leave a review! I designed and developed this game on my own and reviews really help!
Pay once and play all 60 levels.