There are a ton of apps that you can use to make money, services are always trying to figure out what works and what doesn’t. The only catch is that you have to be on top of it with some of these apps if you want to make any serious dough. But they’re all worth a download and trying out since the worst case scenario is that you’ll only make a few less bucks that you’d hoped.
1. Bitwalking is an app that lets you make money by just going through your day. In the app you earn “Bitwalking Dollars” and though you have to do a lot of walking to see any serious money, it’s definitely worth checking out.
2. Snapwire is an photography app that can make you serious money if you’re a decent photographer. A lot of businesses are using this app and it places more emphasis on the photographer so that as your portfolio grows you’re sure to see more business.
3. Ibotta is an app that lets you make money just buy shopping and scanning your receipts. It’s even kind of fun since you have to answer a trivia question to get your rebate. Though there are a lot of apps that let you get money from receipts, this is one of the better ones.
4. Groupon is similar to a lot of the other receipt apps but it’s definitely one of the better ones. It’s very easy to use and simple, all you do is take a picture of your receipts and once you have twenty bucks in your account you can cash out.
5. Foap is an app that lets you make money by taking and uploading pictures. The newest iPhones are basically professional cameras anyway. You can charge whatever you want for you photos. While I don’t use it to take pictures, I often use buy photos from the app and I’m always impressed by the images I stumble across.
6. You’re already online anyway watching movies and taking surveys every once in a while so why not earn money while you’re doing it? Swagbucks is an app that can make you decent money if you’re willing to put a little time in. I use it when I’m just on the metro or just walking around, it’s a great way to kill some time and make a few bucks.
7. IconZoomer is an app that lets you earn money by completing simple prompts. Your task might be to take a picture of what you’re eating at your favorite restaurant or what shorts your wearing. It’s another one of those apps that you can use to make money without thinking much about it.
8. Field Agent is an app that gives you small jobs to complete and you can make a lot of money just going to stores and taking photos or doing simple tasks. It’s available all over the world and they’ve paid out over six million dollars to users.
9. Receipt Hog is a fun and easy way to earn money on receipts and it’s also pretty addicting, as you start to earn more money through the site you also begin to unlock more ways to make money like surveys. So there’s definitely an incentive to stay with it.
10. BookScouter is an app that lets you sell used books easily. The interface is a lot more user-friendly than some of the websites that offer similar services. If you’re trying to sell textbooks you shouldn’t ever go to those trucks that you see on the edges of campus since they always low-ball you, Bookscouter is the way to go.
11. Piggy does two things: It finds and automatically applies coupon codes while you shop, and pays you cash back even when there are no coupons to be found. A big advantage of Piggy is that unlike other apps, it works in the background while you shop in your device’s browser. So now you no longer need to install multiple apps to shop on your phone or tablet. Just install Piggy and you’ll never need to open the app again — except to check your cash back balance. Piggy pops up at checkout on Android, or via the share screen on IOS. All you have to do is tap Try Codes to automatically apply discount codes and redeem cash back.
Featured Image: [Flickr/Steven Depolo]